It's official ... Go ahead ... Check their facebook page.
Tom Brady and Brandin Cooks are in a relationship.
They glanced longingly at each other across the field in the first two games and they even tried and missed some connections in game 3, passing in the night. But it's getting real now. Welcome to TB12's COT (Circle of Trust) Mr. Cooks. In a game in which Brady saw significant pressure, took some hits, and was forced to seek out people he could depend on, Cooks saw 7 targets and looked a lot like a receiver Brady has come to depend upon. Keep in mind Brady leads the league in yards on 20+ yard passing plays this year (368) and of course, he leads the league in overall passing yards with 1092. Sounds like a match made in heaven for both. And keep in mind their first date was against a very stout defense which generates Brady Kryptonite, pressure, especially inside pressure. This a stack each week which has to draw attention at this point GPP, and Michael Waldo points out that Gonk could be affordable as the third piece on DK.
* Hello Larry Fitzgerald, good to see you. A league-high 15 targets and 149 yards, not to mention (even though I am about to) 4 RZ targets
* 37 overall targets for DeAndre Hopkins. That's 40% of the Texan's market share and that is unlikely to change. Still, he hasn't seen a RZ target for 2 weeks
* Most of us looked at Jack Doyle vs. the Browns last week for the Colts, and he did set 1 RZ target and 5 targets, but Jacoby Brissett rushed for 2 TDs which could have made us look very good if he found Doyle instead. Next week's opponents the Seahawks have allowed the second (T) least RZ targets among teams who have played 3 games
* Christian McCaffery's targets by week: 7-5-11 ... His carries by week: 13-8-4 ... Jonathan Stewarts carries by week: 18-15-12. His RZ inside the 5 carries 2-2-0
* In case you were worried about KC returning to a more Alex Smith-eque offense, that pretty much happened this week but Tyreek Hill still thrived with 8 targets, doubling up the next best, Albert Wilson with 4, and he collected a RZ target.
*Jordan Howard actually saw more targets for the Bears against the Steeler (5) than Tyrik Cohen (4), who saw 12 targets in Week1 and has seen 13 since.
*Tied for 6th in Week 3 target leaders is Ty Montgomery with 12 (!). He and Aaron Rodgers are in a relationship too, but we have told you that for weeks. His injury on Thursday night football is going to change the dynamic in this Packers offense, perhaps funneling more of Montgomery's targets towards Randall Cobb, who was was out in Week 3.
Week 3 Targets
15 - Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR - The Niners don;t seem to have to tools to slow his roll this week
15 - Emmanuel Sanders DEN WR
15 - Doug Baldwin SEA WR
14 - Antonio Brown PIT WR - Plus matchup this week.
13 - AJ Green CIN WR - Cleveland this week ...
13 - Odell Beckham Jr NYG WR
12 - Julio Jones ATL WR - Another plus matchup
12 - Ty Montgomery GB RB
12 - Mike Evans TB WR
11 - Christian McCaffrey CAR RB - The Pats do not seem to an answer for him, Expect the unexpected.
11 - Golden Tate DET WR
11 - Jarvis Landry MIA WR
11 - Stefon Diggs MIN WR - Minus matchup, but still a GPP option
11 - Brandon Marshall NYG WR
11 - Jimmy Graham SEA TE
The good news was Eric Ebron was targeted 7 times last week. See? We told you! ... |
The bad news was that those 7 targets resulted in 2 catches for 9 yards.
Most RZ Targets/G Allowed TE
2.3 - NE - Panthers are next - No Olsen but McCaffery could give the Pats fits
2.0 - CLE
2.0 - TB - Even Engram of the Giants is up next (see note below)
1.7 - DEN - Jared Cook is a fav of Carr's and a fav of ours this week.
1.7 - DET
1.7 - NYG
1.7 - TEN
Most RZ Targets/G Allowed RB
2.0 - ATL
2.0 - KC
1.7 - CIN
1.7 - SF
RZ Plays Allowed/G Season (Run% - Pass%)
13.3 - LAR (62.50% 37.50%) - Zeke! (boom)
11.5 - TB (26.09% 73.91%) - Eli Manning gets a crack at the Bucs. OBJ, Shepard and Evan Engram are stackables
11.0 - KC (54.55% 45.45%)
10.7 - CHI (56.25% 43.75%) - Thursday Night game
10.7 - SF (53.13% 46.88%)
While LeSean McCoy leads the Bills with 9 RZ rushes (4 this week), Mike Tolbert has McCoy beat 3-1 inside the 5 yard line, and last week in the RZ overall, McCoy had 4 touches and Tolbert had 3. Additionally, Tolbert has had more than 10 overall rushes in two of the first three games. Check his price this week.
*Joe Mixon's touches by week: 8-9-18
Rushes Inside the 5 - Season
8 - Todd Gurley LAR RB
8 - Carlos Hyde SF RB
7 - Leonard Fournette JAX RB
6 - Devonta Freeman ATL RB
5 - Mike Gillislee NE RB
5 - Marshawn Lynch OAK RB
5 - LeGarrette Blount PHI RB
4 - Jonathan Stewart CAR RB
4 - CJ Anderson DEN RB