Week six only gives us two division games on the main slate. Yet, we still can get some vital information from the past experiences of these teams. I'll look at some expensive wide receiver options later. But first, let's look at one of the projected highest owned quarterbacks on the slate this week.
Jameis Winston (5,800 on DK, Away vs Falcons)
Winston makes his first start of the season, and draws a great matchup against the Falcons. While we don't have much to go on as far as 2018 form, we do have recent history that we can look at. I will look at his last two years vs Atlanta:
- 2016 @ Atlanta: 281 Yards, 4 TD, 1 INT
- 2016 @ Tampa: 261 Yards, 3 TD
- 2017 @ Tampa: 299 Yards, 3 TD
- 3 Game Average: 280 Yards, 3.67 TD. .33 INT (26.05 DK Points)
Not that you needed any more reason to play Winston this week at 5,800. If he hits his average of 26.05 points, that is a 4.49x multiplier, greater than the 3-3.5 that we have needed this year. Plus, this Falcons defense looks worse this year than the past couple of years. If he can get to 300 yards, then he returns massive value. All of these things are why he makes a great cash game and tournament play this week.
A.J. Green (8,000 on DK, Home vs Steelers)
Everyone is going to focus on the high priced receivers in Atlanta and maybe Antonio Brown. However, maybe we shouldn't overlook A.J. Green, who has had some home success vs the Steelers in the recent past:
- 2014: 15 Targets, 11 Catches, 224 Yards, 1 TD
- 2015: 9 Targets, 6 Catches, 132 Yards, 1 TD
- 2017: 16 Targets, 7 Catches, 77 Yards, 2 TD
- 3 Game Average: 13 Targets, 8 Catches, 144 Yards, 1.33 TD (33.4 DK Points)
This results in a 4.17x multiplier, but I would be cautious with that 2014 game weighing heavily here. But that may exactly be the reason we should look at him in tournaments. He gets targeted frequently at home vs the Steelers and this is probably the best Bengals offense the past five years. He should be low owned and with a solid production in this matchup in the past, it's worth a tournament flyer.
Julio Jones (7,900 on DK, Home vs Buccaneers)
The question of the week: can we go back to Julio Jones after letting so many fantasy players down last week. While he has had some recent touchdown issues, he hasn't had those issues at home vs Tampa in the past.
- 2014: 11 Targets, 9 Catches, 161 Yards, 2 TD
- 2015: 13 Targets, 12 Catches, 162 Yards, 1 TD
- 2016: 8 Targets, 4 Catches, 66 Yards, 1 TD
- 2017: 15 Targets, 12 Catches, 253 Yards, 2 td
- 4 Game Average: 11.75 Targets, 9.25 Catches, 160.5 Yards, 1.5 TD (37.3 DK Points)
Like A.J. Green, there is one game that is a bit of an outlier. However, he's gone over 150 yards three times and has two multi-TD games. He came into last year's game in November with only one touchdown and two games getting over 100 yards receiving. Don't let your frustrations of last week keep you from playing Julio Jones this week: his history vs Tampa Bay combined with the Buccaneers' struggles against the past makes Julio another great play in cash games and tournaments.